Seat track replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had my driver's seat track replaced under warranty, and what a difference! Its like having a new seat!

My advisor said the rack was shot, and my ESP covered it. I can't believe its an $850-1,050 part! That's hard to believe. Glad I got it done before the warranty expired!

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had my driver's seat track replaced under warranty, and what a difference! Its like having a new seat!

My advisor said the rack was shot, and my ESP covered it. I can't believe its an $850-1,050 part! That's hard to believe. Glad I got it done before the warranty expired!

Mind me asking what the symptoms were of the "bad" seat track?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had mine replaced under warranty as well. My issue was minor; the seat would thump towards the back of the track like there was something in the track (but there wasn't). I mentioned it to the dealer and they threw parts at it like dealers always do. Since I wasn't paying though, it was fine by me.

With what dealers charge for parts, it would cost you over $200K to build a 3rd gen Expedition.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dealers don't pay that much...they know ppl are going to make repairs and other shops are going to do work...$$$$

mh68

Reaction score

I had both the drivers and passengers replaced under my ext warranty. I think it was like $1100 for the drivers and $1000 for the passengers. Glad I bought the extended warranty!