Second Row Middle Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
has anyone looked for one of these to fit between their second row buckets? Similar to the Navigator, but obviously not as plush.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I considered it, but my kids love the “hallway” to walk through the seats to the 3rd row too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmm5157

Reaction score
Would be nice. I haven't found one yet, although I swapped out the captains chairs for bench until my kids outgrow their carseats. Way easier for me to buckle/unbuckle from middle row. I kept the bucket seats to revert back one day. Not sure when that will be, though.

Will keep an eye on this thread in case someone finds a nice, clean solution to that center console.

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
Interesting- swapping out for the bench. I currently have 2 car seats, one in each bucket seat. What are the pros of having the bench? So far it is ok getting them both in and out. How much did the bench cost? Do they swap out easily?

dmm5157

Reaction score
Interesting- swapping out for the bench. I currently have 2 car seats, one in each bucket seat. What are the pros of having the bench? So far it is ok getting them both in and out. How much did the bench cost? Do they swap out easily?

The big benefit for us is having all 3 seats across the bench. Expedition is one of the few vehicles that has 3 sets of car seat anchors. If you had 2 car seats, you could put seats on edge on center, leaving a seat open If needed.

All 3 of my kids are within 2 years of each other. So lots of car seats and booster seats for a while.

I got the leather bench from area salvage yard for $125. Seats were in decent shape but were tan instead of black No biggie since carseats cover it anyway.

Anchoring was a little challenging, as you have to use tapping tool to thread bolt threads since Ford provided holes but not threading in the holes needed for bench seats.

Still, was easy enough. $20 thread tapping set from Home Depot and few $1 bolts from Home Depot. Whole thing took about 90 min to do, most of that time came from figuring out where the bolt holes were.

There's a thread on here somewhere that walks through step by step how to do the conversion.

For my situation, was best thing I ever did.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just want a middle jumper seat for my 03 navi. I hate the console! Stupid to make the 2nd row only hold 2 and 3rd hold 3. The new explorer got it right with 3 in 2nd then 2 in back.

I think the explorer will be my next vehicle when the prices drop into my acceptable range.

Maybe I'll find an Expedition. I like the max and Navi L better but so few. Almost every Escalade I see is the long one but their stupid light interiors (hard to find black ) and lousy quality leather keeps me away.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just want a middle jumper seat for my 03 navi. I hate the console! Stupid to make the 2nd row only hold 2 and 3rd hold 3. The new explorer got it right with 3 in 2nd then 2 in back.

I think the explorer will be my next vehicle when the prices drop into my acceptable range.

Maybe I'll find an Expedition. I like the max and Navi L better but so few. Almost every Escalade I see is the long one but their stupid light interiors (hard to find black ) and lousy quality leather keeps me away.

Gator L's are easy to find.

Limo companies regularly upgrade, with gen 3.5 facelift and 4th gen around, 3rd gen Gator L's with black on black setup are plentiful and affordable

Also your console should be an easy swap for a middle seat... console setups use the same identical right and left seats from the bench config, don't even have to deinstall any arm rests or anything. Plenty of gen 2 navigators in salvage yards to loot em from

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gator L's are easy to find.

Limo companies regularly upgrade, with gen 3.5 facelift and 4th gen around, 3rd gen Gator L's with black on black setup are plentiful and affordable

Also your console should be an easy swap for a middle seat... console setups use the same identical right and left seats from the bench config, don't even have to deinstall any arm rests or anything. Plenty of gen 2 navigators in salvage yards to loot em from

I'm sure they are in CA but I bet % made is very low.
I rarely see them around here. I see more Town Car L cars and that like less than 3-5 % of the town cars around here.

I have gone a good distance to buy a car but I won't go to CA. Furthest so far is Phoenix and that might stand as the record for good.

Console is a an easy swap if you can find the center jumper seat and bigger if in black.

All the ones you find in salvage yards even on market place for parts etc have the center console.
It seems ford made about 95% of the 03-06 with center console and not 3 person seat.

The center seat is a direct bolt in I am certain but the armrest situation is different I am also almost certain unless none of the 03-06 navis have armrests in 2nd row.

The ones with center console have no rests. The console IS the armrest.

Ebay is about the easier option to find one but all the sellers know exactly how hard they are to find so it is 450.00 for a little narrow jumper seat.

I have considered getting any year or expi or whatever that the width is right and cut the brackets and make them work.

You should be able to get a seat at a junk yard for 50-75 bucks....but that is not the case with at least finding these.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure they are in CA but I bet % made is very low.
I rarely see them around here. I see more Town Car L cars and that like less than 3-5 % of the town cars around here.

I have gone a good distance to buy a car but I won't go to CA. Furthest so far is Phoenix and that might stand as the record for good.

Console is a an easy swap if you can find the center jumper seat and bigger if in black.

All the ones you find in salvage yards even on market place for parts etc have the center console.
It seems ford made about 95% of the 03-06 with center console and not 3 person seat.

The center seat is a direct bolt in I am certain but the armrest situation is different I am also almost certain unless none of the 03-06 navis have armrests in 2nd row.

The ones with center console have no rests. The console IS the armrest.

Ebay is about the easier option to find one but all the sellers know exactly how hard they are to find so it is 450.00 for a little narrow jumper seat.

I have considered getting any year or expi or whatever that the width is right and cut the brackets and make them work.

You should be able to get a seat at a junk yard for 50-75 bucks....but that is not the case with at least finding these.

Ive seen two middle bench 2nd gen Gators in one salvage yard in the same day.... and I've only been to salvage yards twice in my life

To find trucks, check cargurus and craigslist. Two places full of pleasant surprises.