Short in radio harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apap

Reaction score
I have an 02 Expy Eb with the 6 disk Cd changer. The other day the radio just quit. I checked the fuse(25a main), and sure enough it had blown. I replaced the fuse and started the engine and the radio came on for 1/2 sec and died. So , yes we have a problem.

I carefully removed the radio from the dash with my homemade cheap bastard din removal tools and found that the wiring harness some insulation scraped from about 3 wires. AHAH!! I thought So after checking for wire integrity I taped over each individual wire and tried another hot test. This time the fuse blew immediately. :( So then I disconnected the radio entirely. Still no joy. the fuse still blows. So now I know there is a short somewhere in the harness(or elswhere) that I cannot find without major tearing apart of dash and harness.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

My primary thought is to bypass the original power feed for the radio. I have been unable to find a wire harness diagram so far. Does anybody here have this Info?

I would greatly appreciate any info or suggestions.

Thanks
Apap

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It may be the factory amplifier gone caput.... do you have a factory subwoofer? Where is the amp for that thing? Does the fuse blow if you leave the radio off?
Matt