Should I get 'em?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't I just replace the OEM bulbs with LED's? Or are they not direct fit?

you can. just dont ask me which ones. but you can. get the ones that Retro Shop has with the white and you turn your blinker on it turns yellow. then back to white.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
NC, is this going to give you the look that you are after? If yes, then get them. If no, then save your money. Your truck, you decide what you want your truck to look like.

As for the LED bit, because you have the non-clear front to the lights, our selection of bulbs is much bigger for an "all white" look. The trick is finding an LED bulb that burns yellow that matches up to the 3157A bulb style. After that, you want to be looking for as many lumen/MCDs as possible. The lumen/MCDs are effectively the measure of the light coming out. The problem with some of the cheapo LED bulbs out there is that while they have a lot of LED chips on them, the amount of light they emit is very low. An LED is a completely different monster than a standard halogen bulb. I can get an LED that looks identical, but one will output 10 MCD of light while the other one will output 70,000 MCD. Which one do you want? If you get on E-bay and do a search on "3157A LED", you will get all sorts of options to choose from.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, I like the clear corners a lot. Lately I've been seeing tons of F-150's with them and I've become quite jealous. I will probably order them in the next week or so.

also, thanks for the tips Thermo. Glad to know that I can swap the halogens with LED's. This will definitely be on my to-do list!

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now you got me thinkin… Hmm… clear corners on my silver may look pretty sweet now that Im thinking about it!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
somewhere.... I have a set of lightning corners... just wish I could find them... then I had this type of led bulb in them... this pic has my black turn signals that are now on DGray69's expy

100_1300.jpg

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
heck yeah, clears rock - and switchbacks in them are even better!