shuddering/vibration when reversing while turning at slow speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texevora

Reaction score
Doesn't look like anybody has reported this on the current-gen Expedition on the forum, but my '19 Expedition Limited started shuddering somewhere from the rear-end when reversing/turning at slow speed (ie when parallel parking), and sometimes also when going forward/turning at slow speed.

I also got an "electronic limited slip differential temporarily disabled" warning once before taking it in to the dealer.

Took the dealer 2 weeks of back/forth with FoMoCo, but they finally resolved it. Service notes said: "rear axle assembly remove and install diag out of chassis, replace all cups and bearings, replace hydraulic actuator, restore, set up rear end, check back lash wear pattern, road test and retest all OK, no abnormal noise after repair".

Hope that helps any of you that experience the same issue on your current-gen Expy!

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish they had tried to add a bottle of limited slip friction modifier before ripping the thing apart.

This juddering might mean not enough friction modifier or the ELSD actuator not disengaging.

However, I am sure that they know better... glad it got fixed!

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had something similar to this a while back. Dealer added some fluid supplement or something (supposedly) and it finally went away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt