simple issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey y'all, well cold weather has hit ( which I hate ) and this is the first winter in my expedition for me anyways and I have noticed a small issue. When its cold the accelerator pedal seems to stick ( in the no throttle position ) until I give it a few taps, then it will move just fine, since it is not sticking in W.O.T. im not really worried but I am just curious, is there an easy fix for this? I have tried spraying WD-40 on the linkage but that didnt seem to have any effect. Im not going to buy new throttle cables or anything as this issue is really more of an annoyance than anything else. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue of it is a known issue and a simple fix for it.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also it sounds like the blade in the throttle body is hanging up not the actual cable. Try cleaning the throttle body.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I clean my throttle body with carb cleaner

It will do the job but everything I have read recommends throttle body cleaner as Carb cleaner will remove the coating on the inside of the TB But I can't really say whet the chemical differences are between the two.

Yet the best way to clean the TB is to remove it from the intake manifold