Sirius xm stopped working..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to make a "Hey, pay your bill" joke, but its too lame

Does it look like you've lost signal, or is the radio just acting up? Provide more details. Pics too.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The general theory is if you can't get your Sirius ID to display on your stereo screen then the tuner is the trouble.

The tuner is a replaceable separate piece of hardware that is located under the center console, under the gear shift & cupholder trim moreso on the passenger side. Might be worth locating and doing a wiggle test of the few wires that connect to it. This tuner takes the signal from the hockey puck antenna on the passenger side of the roof as well as the AM/FM antenna grid located in the passenger rear quarter window. There is also a small wiring harness, about 6 wires or so, that plugs into what looks like a telephone or ethernet jack. I'd exercise these connections as a first step.

Below is an example of what the SiriusXM tuner will look like:

Ford-Sirius-Satellite-Radio-2004-2008-Module.jpg

sub0cool

Reaction score
I had this same issue, but when I went to the navigation map, there was a circle with a slash through it too. No navigation and no SXm radio. I took loose the head liner on passenger side and was able to take off the antenna, I found that the seal was leaking around the parameter. I was able to scrape off all the old seal and clean the area with 91% alcohol. After letting it dry and making sure the inside of the antenna was dry, I put a bead of RTV where the old seal was. I then put everything back together and haven’t had any problems in 7 months. Again, take the antenna loose and dry it out, hair dryer or air dry, to see if the signal comes back. If it does, this is the route to go.

sub0cool

Reaction score
Yes, it uses the same antenna for Navigation and SXM radio. It’s right above the passenger door, little black disk. Mine is a 2010, so that’s where mine is

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Genesis had the same issue with the antenna. It's actually a small circuit board up there - when the seal leaked during the rain it would get wet and stop working.