Slight rough Idle and at 1000 RPM with a little gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mderosa3

Reaction score
Hello All

I've searched the forums and came across alot of discussion on rough idle but nothing that matches my symptoms. 2011 Ford Expedition 5.4L 205K miles. No codes other than P1000 (Emission Controls test). I purchased the car new and have accomplished all the maintenance for the past 7 years with no issues. Recently I replaced both the bank 1 and 2 O2 Sensor 1 and bank 2 Camshaft sensor. Car accelerates great and has no issues above 1000+RPM. When coming to a stop in drive the rpm falls to 500 (-25 to 50 RPM) and slight roughness at feet and engine vibration. Additionally when in drive and at 1000 RPM I experience same slight roughness when I give it a tiny amount of gas to maintain 1000RPM ish. I removed the TB and cleaned it completely as well as sprayed the MAF with MAF cleaner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why did you replace one of your camshaft position sensors? Passenger side?
You may be having oil pressure/timing issues. It's common for timing issues to throw a camshaft position (CPS) code.
Oil gets warmed up, phaser or tensioners start leaking oil pressure, and when rpm drops so does oil pressure.
Your factory oil pressure gauge is just an idiot light, goes off at 7 psi, shows 2/3 of gauge at any number above 7. You may be running at 8 psi?

OP
OP
M

mderosa3

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I replaced it after engine light and P0345 code. I have a forscan and can take a look at live data. Anything specific I can look at to check timing/pressure issues?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire