Slight shuder at WOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yammerslammer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting a slight shudder/vibration just before the gears change when I hold the pedal to the floor. It doesnt matter if I'm just taking off, or if I hammer it while running 55 mph. It almost feels like running over a mild set of rumble strips. I drained the transmission pan and the torque converter and installed a new filter, but the problem is still there. It only does it at wide open throttle.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like torque converter shudder, though I'd think changing the fluid might have helped?

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Add some additive to the differential fluid. I had the samething on one of my 98,s and that helped

OP
OP
Y

yammerslammer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed the fluid in the pan and the t.c. but still noticed it after the first test drive. I drove it all weekend and never had the problem again. Maybe the new fluid needed a few miles to start working??? I dunno....

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A couple of questions: Is the shudder coming from the rear or from the front? When was the last time you did a rear diff fluid change?

eastcoasteskimo

Reaction score
I'm getting a slight shudder/vibration just before the gears change when I hold the pedal to the floor. It doesnt matter if I'm just taking off, or if I hammer it while running 55 mph. It almost feels like running over a mild set of rumble strips. I drained the transmission pan and the torque converter and installed a new filter, but the problem is still there. It only does it at wide open throttle.

My "06" does the same thing but the engine light comes on, loss of power and shudder, then after about a min the light goes off and it runs fine. This has only happend twice and both times the same thing happends

Last edited:

dennisspeaks

Reaction score
shudder?

i wonder if this is my problem, I notice the shudder on the drivers side, mainly when I am taking off.

I will have to find a DIY transmission service and see if that fixes my problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman