So fed up with electric system in this vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verna2197

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Expedition XLT and have always had trouble but of course dealership doesn't find it. I have had the whole system go completely black (all displays) while driving it. This has happened several times. Then just this week as I was driving it and talking thru they system on the phone it quit 3 different times and then came back. So so tired of it

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wish i could help. I'm just posting to commiserate. I've never had any success diagnosing electrical issues. I always wind up taking it somewhere. I've been lucky to have found two auto shops that are reliable, effective, and trustworthy.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Expedition XLT and have always had trouble but of course dealership doesn't find it. I have had the whole system go completely black (all displays) while driving it. This has happened several times. Then just this week as I was driving it and talking thru they system on the phone it quit 3 different times and then came back. So so tired of it

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 - never wrecked or damaged.

Since new, it randomly displays “trailer wiring fault” and “no key detected” (after the engine is started). I returned the vehicle to the dealer for warranty repairs, but they said there were “no codes” - thus nothing to fix. I even took pictures of the DIC warning messages.

Sometimes, both messages will display (one after another). Other times, only one of the two messages will display.

I have never towed with the vehicle or hooked up anything to the four or seven pin connectors. The no key detected messages occur with both fobs, and even after I replaced the batteries in the fobs (no help).

I’m convinced Ford has electrical design defects with the 2015-2017 Expedition models, and their dealers are clueless on how to fix them.