SoCal Offroad Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the ones at walmart will work just fine. i think they are rated for 10k or 20k. they just arent that reliable as a jerk strap after long periods of time. they will be fine for what we do. now at azusa, thats another story.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i might have something that will work that. just need to find another shackle.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they are new straps, you wont have any problems. i have used these straps for years in the midwest with rain, snow and mud. they just dont hold up as well as actual jerk straps when they get wet and muddy over a period of time. now, if you try to jerk him out at 80 mph and he is stuck in 5' of sand...then you might have a problem :)

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well if someone is stuck in 5' of sand then you deserve to be stuck! haha but okay. i just need a strap of my own.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just ordered a 30' ARB recovery strap online..I'm trying to find tow hooks for my front. My bumper has the holes and there are screw holes in the frame, but I can only find hooks for 97-02 expedition.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah that was weird. might need to get some hooks for the recovery strap. i know someone was complaining about that somewhere and i dont remember if they ever found hooks or if they had to go threw ford. i screwed up my passenger tow hook cause thats where i grounded my truck horn to since i moved it. you can hear it now. haha so the hook is all slanted still strong but just looks weird. ill see if my neighbor has the tow hooks on her expo and if they look the same.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only place that has OEM hooks for the 03 is the ford dealership at $125 for both with hardware, all the places on the web are for the 1st generation, although maybe it's still the same bolt pattern and the info just hasn't been updated? Either way, looking at the frame, I don't see how it's possible to put the backing plate and the nuts onto the bolt since there's no way to reach inside the frame. See the pics for what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 102