SOLVED! Looking for a replacement key/fob confirmed to work, 2013 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
Bought a 4 button with w/ rear lift gate button of Amazon. Amazon said it was a "fit" for my Expedition. The key worked after reprograming with Forscan, but after two tries at programing including erasing all keys and re-adding them I can only get the key to work, but not the buttons on the new key. Anyone know of 4 button switchblade that they know will actually work on my truck?

OP
OP
A

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
Well it was operator error on my part. I used the following to get the key fully programed.

Cutting the key - Had to take the key to my local locksmith to cut it. Cost me $10 for that. Ace and Home depot machines could not cut the key due to the design of the switchblade.

Programing the key - If you have two keys already, follow the proceedure in your owners manual. If you have one key like me, use Forscan to program the key. Even though I only had one key, forscan allowed me to program a second key. Also tried the erase all key function and that worked as well.

Programing the fob (buttons) - Forscan does NOT program the buttons. To program the buttons, insert a different key into the ignition while holding the new key in your hand ready to push the lock button. After 3 seconds inserted, turn the key to the run position 8 times in rapid succession. You will hear the door lock and unlock, immediately start pushing the lock button on the new key. It should start working and your new key is now fully programed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani