Speaker upgrade subwoofer for 2003 Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dirtrider

Reaction score
Here is the picture of the plug on the amp.

On the top picture I posted you can see a purple wire, blue wire, green/black wire, and I believe yellow/black wire in a connector that presently isn't used. I was wondering if that was the harness for a subwoofer??? I see that the plug on your amp is different than the plug I have above. Did you not have this empty plug at all? What are the colors of the wires going to your amp?

From what I can see in your pics here it looks like you don't even have this empty connector??? I wonder if I just need some short harness though because it seems like the wire colors may be the same. In your 4th picture down I see purple, blue, and green going to that amp.
http://www.expeditionforum.com/153503-post3.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dirtrider

Reaction score
I got my hands on the wiring diagrams. Those are connectors C405 and C465. They are not labeled as being for anything. I have no idea if C465 is for diagnostics or if those wires are something that could still be used for adding a factory subwoofer since the wire colors look the same as the factory option (but different connector - see prior posts). Here's what I've come up with so far.
img0638sm.jpg

img0636nk.jpg

img0634nj.jpg

So here is what I have now. You can see the empty connector. Violet, blue, green, etc wires.
img0589x.jpg

And for reference I am comparing the wires going to the factory amp from here (credit - bricekin). See the same violet, blue, green, etc wires.
20130314_195227.jpg

Last edited:

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any update on what you've done? You said you were purchasing a Stealthbox. Is this still what you ended up doing?

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This thread must be dead...

Too bad,
I would like to see somebody do this.

I also have an 03-06...

Anyone come up with a nice sub in a discrete spot?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thread eneded in may...lol...the only options u have is the rear panel that are shown in the pics...thats where they are from factory...OR...the center console...that would have to be custom but can and has been done...the sub fires down in the bottom of the console and not sure how much space you'll have after...I think I may have saw something on the internet a couple yrs ago where the sold this as direct fit with a 10" sub

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that Al & Eds Auto Sound in Southern California had the center console option available.
10" sub and no more center console storage after...
They also want $600.

I like the center console space too much.

I'm thinking that the back factory location is the spot...

Perhaps a 10 inch would do...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I either saw one for the center console or I saw a custom done for the center console...this was yrs ago....but the jl stealth box will fit...disregard the year it says its for and its a 10" sub...you won't find anything readily available for this becuz there wasn't a need and if there was it quickly died out...custom or jl...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)