Speedometer Adjustment - 2011 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
I put a lift kit on my 3rd gen Expy with bigger tires and now my speedometer is off by 5%. I know that this 5% is not a big deal and it works in my favor with the odometer advancing slower than the actual mileage of the truck. Nonetheless, I am looking to fix this. I previously posted and did not get any real solutions. I tried to see if I could adjust with Forescan even posting in the Forscan Forum .... nobody was able or willing to help. I went to a local “performance shop” and they quoted me about $550 to fix; $425 for a VIN-specific module and $125 for labor. That’s too pricey for me.

Is there anybody out there That has any reasonable DIY solutions for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

JZ

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better throttle response is the main benefit, they can customize a tune to your liking. You should see a small bump in power. You can also tweak your speedometer settings to account for larger tires, you can firm up shifts if you want, take out your top speed limiter, etc.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a lift kit on my 3rd gen Expy with bigger tires and now my speedometer is off by 5%. I know that this 5% is not a big deal and it works in my favor with the odometer advancing slower than the actual mileage of the truck. Nonetheless, I am looking to fix this. I previously posted and did not get any real solutions. I tried to see if I could adjust with Forescan even posting in the Forscan Forum .... nobody was able or willing to help. I went to a local “performance shop” and they quoted me about $550 to fix; $425 for a VIN-specific module and $125 for labor. That’s too pricey for me.

Is there anybody out there That has any reasonable DIY solutions for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

JZ
Forscan will not work. You will either need a tuning device of a actual speedo calibrator. Might as well tune it