Stealth system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Years ago I had a cab-plus Mazda p/u with 4-12's in a box that filled the rear cab. Now that I'm older and like to take people with me on trips, I wanted something a lot more functional.
Just built this box that houses 4-8-ohm 10's and allows me to still seat 8.

Sub box.JPG

The system consists of:

Alpine Media deck
Alpine Type R 6.5" Components in the front with tweeters in the side mirror panels.
Alpine Type R 5x7's in the rear door.
Alpine PDX-F4 100x4 front amp
(4) Rockford Fosgate 8-ohm 10" subs
My vintage Soundstream Reference 500s (circa 1987) powering the subs.

The sub amp is mounted in the cavity in front of the jack on the right rear with a custom perforated panel for ventilation.

The PDX amp is a beast, but I still have love for the good old school stuff. Wish I still had my little Punch 45 that could beat the piss out of 4 10's in a pinch lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use my cargo space and 3rd row. sometimes both. and theres no premade boxes out there i like. so im gonna make my own to house 2 12s or 15s. still not sure. but thats gonna be like in the far future like everything else. gotta save up for it. looks good though. put some grills over them so you can at least put lite stuff on them.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Is that box square? In a pinch could you rotate it so that the speakers face forward and put cargo on top of it?

OP
OP
S

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it can be fired forward so you can stack stuff on it.