Still shaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
He Everyone,
I posted a thread a little while ago about my truck shaking when I come to a stop. Since then, I have had the spark plugs replaced, because the diagnosis from the dealership was a misfire in cylinders 3&8. They also did an injector flush, engine shampoo, oil change and new air filter. Prior to this, the fuel filter was changed.
The vehicle still shakes when stopped at a light and the RPM drops to about 500-600.
It is a very subtle shake, nothing violent at all. In fact, people who don’t normally drive my truck, don’t even notice it. But I do. And it is driving me crazy. It is to the point where I’m considering getting rid of it. I took it to shop that specializes in performance engines and turbos, on a recommendation from a friend, and they weren’t sure what the problem is. I think they were looking for something more intense, and couldn’t find it.
There are no codes when a computer is plugged in.
The engine almost sounds like a Diesel engine. I’m told it is because it it old with over 200,000 kilometres on it.
I had the shop look into the VCT Solenoids and the Timing Chain, but they said if that was the issue, there would definitely be codes.
Could it be an engine mount? Or would the shaking be worse? It only shakes at low RPM, once I hit the gas, it goes away.
I also had the muffler replaced. Any chance that could be the problem? There is still an exhaust leak at the manifold. But it has been leaking there for quite some time, a lot longer than the shake.
Any insight is GREATLY appreciated
Thank You
Taylor

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had something similar to this happen last week but the shaking was quite pronounced. Eventually it tripped a P0004 DTC. On my 3rd driving cycle after the DTC tripped, I ran a short trip on the highway with the OD locked out so I could keep the RPM's up... the MIL went away, truck ran normal again, so I cleared the code with a programmer after a couple more driving cycles. I don't know if it was the 3 driving cycles or the 10 minutes of high-ish RPM operation that did the trick but all is well so hopefully it was just an odd transient event.

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Thank you very much BlueStangGT and Brenneman2385 for your input. I have tried driving with no overdrive, but still no codes.
I will have to find a shop that can adjust my idle.
I tried to post a short 10 second video of the shaking on here but it won’t let me upload it.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated!

TJ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt