Stock 99 XLT radio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markanthony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 99 XLT with the "premium" sound system.. I have 4 5x7 door speakers (stock) I was wanting to install some rear speakers. I have the passenger side rear panel figured out. The driver side is still working on, but with the rear heat stuff their. Its being a pain in the rear. I am going with some 6x9 around a 200 watts. Just for some little bump. (my wife dont like the bass from subs.) I am looking into upgrades for the door speakers. I am not looking to replace the stock radio. YET! So the question is. Is the stocker radio have six channels for six speakers or only four channel for four speakers.
If it only has four channel four speakers. Can it handle if I wire in the two rear cargo area speakers to the two rear door speakers. I would think it would be to much for the stock radio and burn it up. But the local sound store says the stock radio would handle it just fine.

Any thoughts hear.

Though I am also starting to intertain the idea of finding a EB sub system to install into mine. That might be fun....