stock navi headunit/speakers..not loud enuff!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have an `04 EB Premier w/ the stock navi headunit..firstoff the navi headunit is very nice but a bit confusing,i`ve had the truck a month & im still fumbling w/ it.problem is the sound only goes to 34,& 34 in the truck on the highway w/ the moonroof open or windows pretty much drowns out the music..ive tried playing w/ different settings but it doesnt get loud enuff.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a new deck... (cough cough), not sure i ever seen a navi deck in an expy before? I know there was a huge difference when i went from the factory 6 disc to my pioneer

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tell me about it! The navi on my 2010 is badass, but the speakers don't get loud AT ALL. I'm going to replace all my door speakers and amp them to see if this fixes the problem. If not. Time for a new headunit.

audioguy

Reaction score
I would swap out the speakers first for something that is more efficient, I am a big fan of the infinity 5x7/6x8 speakers. you can get them at best buy for around 99 a pair. if you want more after that put a four channel amp to them that will do the trick. Alpine came out with a small four channel amp that will fit behind the dash and its only $120, the good part about it is you don't need to buy anything else for it (no amp kit or loc's).

its the alpine KTP-445

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would swap out the speakers first for something that is more efficient, I am a big fan of the infinity 5x7/6x8 speakers. you can get them at best buy for around 99 a pair. if you want more after that put a four channel amp to them that will do the trick. Alpine came out with a small four channel amp that will fit behind the dash and its only $120, the good part about it is you don't need to buy anything else for it (no amp kit or loc's).

its the alpine KTP-445
ok thanx,is there a write up or sticky somewhere showing the OEM expy speakers(sizes)?not sure what i have in my `04 to be honest..id like to upgrade the stockers,no amp or subs-just an upgrade to get more out of my stock deck really.