stock sub help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bernardo

Reaction score
my stock sub blew a couple days ago and i was wondering how to remove the sub only and how many ohms it is cause im planning on buying the same size sub to replace it for now before i do anything else. im jus trying to save money if you know what i mean.

OP
OP
B

bernardo

Reaction score
i took off the panel for the sub but i couldn't pull out the sub. am i suppose to pull out the whole side panel to disconnect the sub to replace it or what? its a 97 exp e.b.

FORDING

Reaction score
If it is the same as the 99 you need to remove the screws that hold the sub in. If you are trying to remove the whole enclosure then there is a bolt that holds the enclosure in place. but you can disconnect the sub once you remove all the screws.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, not all 99's come with the sub. If you had one, it would be in the rear quarter panel (passenger side I believe). It has a waffle grille like opening, so you'd know if you did. The back of the sub should have the impedence listed, or if not, get an audio shop to test it with an ohm meter.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
damnit---i have a silly little storage compartment instead of a sub :(

looks like i'll be building a box for the 2 12" JL audio subs i have sitting in my garage :D

pos2nat

Reaction score
Originally posted by bernardo
my stock sub blew a couple days ago and i was wondering how to remove the sub only and how many ohms it is cause im planning on buying the same size sub to replace it for now before i do anything else. im jus trying to save money if you know what i mean.

New Guy. I recently bought a 2000 EB. My 8" sub in the passenger QTR Panel is busted. I moved the front grille, the 8 screws and the sub won't come out. Are there fasteners or something behind the sub also holding it in place? DO I have to move the entire interior QTR trim panel?

OP
OP
B

bernardo

Reaction score
pos2nat, all you have to do is remove the whole panel, which aint that hard cause they snap back into place when you remove them. when you got the panel out of the way, the sub enclosure is held on with 3 bolts. once you remove that theirs a bolt holding the sub into place, just remove it and the sub pops right out.