Strobes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding Amber and White strobes. I also am allowed to run green strobes so I'll add a pair front and rear. Want the Expy to light up like a Christmas tree. Should be fun.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have hide aways in my back up and brake lights, plus my front marker lights.

Very simple install. I highly recommend Whelen strobes, not LED hide aways. The strobes put out a much better flash than do hide away LED's.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know when u do it...i wouldnt mind some green strobes in mind either...we can help each other out since we're in the same area

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what are you planning on doing with the strobes? are they for interior effect or side of the road warning? led light heads are the way to go. the prices are better than they used to be and you get brighter lights and more flash patterns.

OP
OP
MoHawk

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a set of amber/whites in the rear window of my excursion. they have saved me more then once on the side of the highway!

2013-05-29_14-20-34_69_zpsc34c9df4.jpg

6 head light bar amber/white - YouTube

I love the license plate. And that is EXACTLY what I am looking for.

I have hide aways in my back up and brake lights, plus my front marker lights.

Very simple install. I highly recommend Whelen strobes, not LED hide aways. The strobes put out a much better flash than do hide away LED's.

Whelen is what I was looking for. I was looking at Gall's. Just need to find the right ones and need to figure out who here can install them. Also, can any of you guys show me how you have yours hooked up to switches. I'd like to just wire them into my hazards.

let me know when u do it...i wouldnt mind some green strobes in mind either...we can help each other out since we're in the same area

I assume yours are just for shows right? I know in VA, if you run Green on the street, you have to be able to prove you do professional security.

what are you planning on doing with the strobes? are they for interior effect or side of the road warning? led light heads are the way to go. the prices are better than they used to be and you get brighter lights and more flash patterns.

I plan to cover my ass while pulled over to the side of the road. I'm far more concerned with running Ambers and Whites than I am with running greens. I'd like wigwags but I think they may be illegal. So, either way, I need 4 in my grill, a row in my back window like in Alaskan's Excursion, strobes in my taillights, and possible a small row in each quarter window.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to www. strobesnmore.com They have much better prices and customer service than Galls.

They will also be able to supply you with everything you need, and have videos of just about everything they sell posted, so you know in advance aht you will be getting.

As I already posted, spend the extra money for Whelen products. Made in the USA and AMAZING customer service.

I have all my emergency lighting controlled by dedicated switches in my siren/light controller (Wheklen HFS295SLA6).

I also have Vermont issued light and siren permit.

Good luck!

OP
OP
MoHawk

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have pics to upload of an Expy with strobes. Can someone help me?

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have pics to upload of an Expy with strobes. Can someone help me?

If you have a smart phone you could download Tapatalk also, it's like 3 bucks and makes uploading pics a breeze. It's what I've been using since my 2 year old stepped on my laptop.

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios