stuck in 4 low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slenz70

Reaction score
:confused: I have 98 Expedition . And it is lock in 4 wheel drive low . I have tried to switch between A4wheel and 4 hi and low . I even tried to switch it while in neutral. It will not go back to 2 wheel or all time 4 wheel. Can anybody help with this jerky problem I have?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Roll backward slowly (less than 10 mph) and shift the transmission in neutral. While you're still moving backwards, turn the transfer case shift knob out of 4lo.

If it doesn't work on the first try, then do the same thing while rolling forward.

It's possible that you may need to repeat the forward and backward thing a couple of times.

OP
OP
S

slenz70

Reaction score
Still will not get out of low . It doesn't even sound like it is even trying. Like maybe the switch is bad. And there is no indicator light. Help!!!

Fat Jack

Reaction score
Roll backward slowly (less than 10 mph) and shift the transmission in neutral. While you're still moving backwards, turn the transfer case shift knob out of 4lo.

If it doesn't work on the first try, then do the same thing while rolling forward.

It's possible that you may need to repeat the forward and backward thing a couple of times.

this worked for me. thanks a ton.

B

bedrck46

check fuses in the junction box under dash Its possible you blew a fuse should be #13 or #23 also check #17 if fuse box in eng compartment. The fact you have no indicator light would lead to a bad fuse or could be any other problem

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition