Stump the Chump (new member)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosco123

Reaction score
Have an '07 XLT 4x4 144,000 on it, recently had hvac line explode over cyclinders 1-4 causing cyclinder 3 misfire. Dealership replaced line, and "cleaned" and re-installed plugs 1-4 after that when I accelerate hard I have hard hesitation through about 55 mph BUT when I take off normally no hesitation runs smoothe. I replaced my coils 1-4 with some BWD's no joy. Thinking my plugs might be bad, any install the Champion 7989 plugs yet? Any ideas to help? Thanks

Eric

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome... but I don;t have much experience with the 3v motors... so i'm really no help

OP
OP
B

Bosco123

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm and fuzzy, by the way I replaced my top of the line motor craft spark plugs with champions dual platinum 7989 plugs and bwd ignition coils. I feel the difference alread, I've driven about 50 miles on them so far the engine is very responsive is purring just fine.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2nd Gen, BUT, if I were to guess, I'd say some of the Freon/oil may have been sucked into the intake via the normal air inlet.. It may have gummed up the MAF sensor. Might try cleaning it first.