Supplemental Restraint Fault - Lemon Law?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gte179n

Reaction score
My 2019 Platinum with 2k miles has been in the shop now for about 20 days. I keep getting the supplemental restraint fault which shows up pretty consistently within 5 minutes of the car starting. The actual error is: "The Restraint Control system has detected a fault with the occupant classification system which includes the air bags and safety belt buckle pretensioners."

The dealer is now on their third attempt to fix the issue but still no solution. First time they just reset the computer and gave me back the car. The same issue showed up the following day. Second time they replaced a "control module" but that also didn't work and I was able to recreate the issue within a day. Third time (still at the dealer) they are working with Ford engineers and so far have only been testing "pin-outs" continuity, inspecting for connector damage, etc. I'm not feeling very good about this issue... In my opinion searching for wiring harness issues is scary. This is a safety issue and technically I can start the lemon law process and send Ford my "Final Repair Notice." Has anyone had this issue before and been successful at getting it resolved?

My primary fear is the safety of my family and whether or not my airbags will be functional if in an accident. My secondary concern is that they will somehow "fix" the issue but it will come back once the car is out of warranty and be an expensive repair. I'm hesitant to try and lemon law the car because I really enjoy it otherwise but having your car in the shop for most of a month is tough to stomach. Anyone have any advice?

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My airbag light came on twice in about a month. It was at the dealer recently and there were no specific codes thrown! So, of course nothing was done even though I had the notifications on my Ford App...

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Figured I would refresh this thread. I had the air bag light come on this weekend twice. Ford Pass says it was the "restraints control module has detected a fault with the driver front door side impact sensor feed circuit or with the passenger C-pillar side impact sensor feed circuit".