Suspension recommendations please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pharmerbrad

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition EB without air suspension. It has 135,000 miles and the suspension has gotten a little saggy and floaty. I know I need shocks, but my questions are:
1. Do I also need to replace the springs? I know it's probably easier to replace the whole spring/shock unit, but since I'll be paying a mechanic, that's not really an issue for me.

2. What recommendation for good quality shocks, or springs/shocks do you have? I want the ride to be either OEM height, or maybe 1 - 1.5 inch higher. I don't need a huge lift.

Your input is appreciated. Thank you.

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100s would be your best bet. Unless there is damage or you can visibly see/feel spring sag, just reuse the factory pieces aside from the strut.

5100s allow for stock height or up to ~1.5" of lift front and rear.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilsteins are great, especially if you do any offroading. Motorcraft are actually good too, a little less stiff riding than the Bilsteins, and they last a long time. Back when I installed my Bilsteins, Motorcraft was about the same price. I would not recomend cheap Chinese or Amazon stuff. If you get the Motorcraft struts, you could get a 0.5 inch (or .75 or 1 inch...) spacer to give you a little more ride height. You can get those from places like Ebay and Suspension Surplus.

tri650

Reaction score
I am experiencing same problem with my 2017. Bilsteins are on my list. I had front end alignement and just got my Hellwig rear sway bar that I need to install. Hopefully this will settle the suspension

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put Monroe Quick-struts all around on my 2010 and have been very happy with them. New spring/strut combo gave a slight lift and have worked great with my rv towing.