Swap to newer front-end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright...so my wife has a 04 Expi EB and REALLY likes the look of the 07 Expis. Using good old fashioned eyesight as a measuring tool, the two front-ends look like they would be interchangable. Looks like the 04 fenders will work with the 07 lights, would just need the hood, headlights, headlight/grill mount, and then front fascia and grill.

Sound about right...or am I missing something?

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you search the 04 and 07 fenders, they do have different part numbers. Many on this forum are interested in doing the conversion but no one has yet to start it. If you take the plunge, post on your progress since you just might be the first...

OP
OP
boiler71

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Expedition. I searched several parameters here before posting and nothing came up on this. I will definitely be doing some research on this. I really believe this is a bolt on swap. Can't imagine Ford made THAT many changes to the Expi shell between those years.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do believe it will bolt on. The concern I have is how much will be needed. I would suggest looking at an 07+ under the hood to see how they match up.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If my friends mom lets him and we both have a free weekend maybe I could swap the front end from my friends moms 07 Expy just to see what would be needed

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats really the best approach. Good luck getting permission...or forgiveness:p

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol yeah I know, but that's the best way to do it, you know to see what would be neded without actually spending any money...