Sway Bar bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spring3314

Reaction score
I need to replace the sway bar links and am wondering what is the difference between rubber and poly bushings? Any brand recommendations? Thanks

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Poly bushings will tend to not give as much as rubber. This will give a firmer ride and a more solid feel to the truck. As for brands, i have had good luck with Energy Suspensions.

driverman1

Reaction score
I installed bushings and end links from energy suspension on the front bar on Monday. Picked them up off ebay from summitt racing equipment.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
mic, installing the end links on your truck is really easy. You will need a few different size sockets (seem to recall a 14mm and a 16mm, but do not quote me on that). Preferable to have a deep well for the nut on the bottom.

The hardest part of the job will be breaking the old bolts loose if they have been on the truck for some time (especially since you are up in NY where they salt the roads). From there, remove the bolts on both sides. Loosely fit up one side, fit up the other side, then tighten everything down. As long as you don't have problems getting the old bolts off, this should be an hours job easy.