Taillights stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimberTex

Reaction score
My wife and I took separate cars this eveing and she shared this pic after I passed her. I’ve got a 2023 timberline and have kept the headlights in the “auto” position since we got it less than 4,500 miles ago. The headlights were on. The taillights obviously were not. This is a pretty basic function and it’s failure makes you wonder about every other more complicated system on the car, including airbags. How do I know any of this works? The screen already crapped out and once which left me with no way to control anything. At this point do I have to do a walk around like I would an airplane before I drive it? I can take it in to service but there won’t be a loaner. I’ll be without this $80,000 car for who knows how long. Is this what owning a ford is like? What’s the move here? 191F6D7D-FAC5-4708-807C-DD3E308A285E.jpeg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I took separate cars this eveing and she shared this pic after I passed her. I’ve got a 2023 timberline and have kept the headlights in the “auto” position since we got it less than 4,500 miles ago. The headlights were on. The taillights obviously were not. This is a pretty basic function and it’s failure makes you wonder about every other more complicated system on the car, including airbags. How do I know any of this works? The screen already crapped out and once which left me with no way to control anything. At this point do I have to do a walk around like I would an airplane before I drive it? I can take it in to service but there won’t be a loaner. I’ll be without this $80,000 car for who knows how long. Is this what owning a ford is like? What’s the move here? View attachment 77350

Good luck.

I suspect you’ll find Ford now stands for poor quality, lack of service and repair parts availability in a timely manner, poor dealer service - and repeated price increases with vehicle content removal.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they work if turned to ON instead of AUTO? Could get you around the issue till they decide to help you out. If they still don't work, maybe a fuse?