temp blend door motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like I have to change the blend door actuator at the very bottom center. It clicks whenever you lower the temperature down to 60. 65 and above seems to work just fine.

Anyone know which part to order, as everywhere I look seems a little confusing on which one to get? Has any one done this job? It looks like I better set a weekend aside for it.

DRobe

Reaction score
Looks like I have to change the blend door actuator at the very bottom center. It clicks whenever you lower the temperature down to 60. 65 and above seems to work just fine.

Anyone know which part to order, as everywhere I look seems a little confusing on which one to get? Has any one done this job? It looks like I better set a weekend aside for it.

DRobe

Reaction score
The 2003 Ford Expedition (2WD, 5.4, XLT) uses the Dorman 604-209 Air Door Actuator. It's hard as hell to put on. I've been at it for two weeks, because the videos I found on YouTube are not accurate to this model and do not show that there is a metal cage for the radio, just above the rear screw, which keeps you from being able to get the screw out. I may have to take it to a shop and the labor is going to be expensive, because they may have to remove the dashboard.

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered one from rock auto. Put it in today. Only took me and my buddy about 2 hours. I did brake the tab off the box where the screw goes that's impossible to get to with removing the whole system.