the end of the road for my 2001 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
started up the car and it sounds like crap.

the car sounds like a harley. service engine light on. and idles roughly. also loss of power. might be spark plug issues, might be exhaust manifold leak. the spark plugs thread is messed up on 2 spark plugs...

going to sell it now...

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since when does sounding like a Harley mean a bad thing...? Harley's are B.A. !

On a serious note can you see any of the CoP's disturbed on the top of the motor? I would think if it were plug issue the CoP would be displaced. Otherwise look for broken manifold studs. My dad's 2000 sounds like a tractor cause the two back studs are broken on one side. Costs about 500 a side to have all of them repaired. Might be cheaper in the long run than taking the loss on the truck.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my exhaust manifold is leaking to i was going to let it be since its only a small leak but i am getting sick of that tapping sound.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my exhaust manifold is leaking to i was going to let it be since its only a small leak but i am getting sick of that tapping sound.

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey Polaris you are right, the spark plug blew out and messed up the coil pack, the whole coil pack dialogged. I popped in a new spark plug and coil pack and now it runs even better than ever,

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey Polaris you are right, the spark plug blew out and messed up the coil pack, the whole coil pack dialogged. I popped in a new spark plug and coil pack and now it runs even better than ever,

Good to hear! Did you timesert the spark plug hole? If not you could be dealing with the same issue in the very near future. Ejecting the plug like that will strip the threads out of the aluminum hole.

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yup,

the issue is the old spark plug wasn't gapped properly. so it must have been real tight, and finally blew. the new spark plug I gapped it properly.

and now its a beast....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker