Thinking of trading up to a 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading up from my '98 XLT to a 2003 Eddie Bauer, so c'mon 2003 owners, let me know what you like/dislike about your rides, your experiences, etc.

All of your input will really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never diven a 98, but I hear that handling is greatly improved :)

The foldable seats are awesome. I keep mine folded down most of the time, except when they are needed :)

Overall, I like the "looks" of it both inside and outside.

Dislikes:

The lack of supercharger kit variety for 4.6 :( But I think they make plenty for the 5.4.

The fact that I had a bit of trouble loading my Sniper tune on because of the older computer software that came in the car computer. But I think this had to do more with the fact that mine was made in Feb of 2002 (it is still a 2003.)

For now that's all I can think of. Might remeber some more later :)

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my 03, but why not go with an 04 that comes with the 3v engine? That's the only thing I don't like about my 03.

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First year models often have more problems. No idea if that's true in this case, though.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 04 had the 2v motor too. Only the 04 f150 got the 3-valve.

The 03 and up trucks ride much nicer due to the all wheel indepedent suspension. The 03 leater is super thick compared to some of the stuff out there too.... very durable.

Matt R

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had an EB 03 for a little over 2 years. POS. I had the rearend REPLACED 3 times (whine) and front Diff (clutch slippage) rebuilt (all had TSB's on them) Then Power window regulators went in the front doors. Front rims were always dirty/dusty from the crappy brake pads Ford used. It was nice other than these problems and the 12 Mpg. After the 3rd Diff I had enough and traded up to the 05 Limited. Great truck (15Mpg avg.) Although I have noticed they still have not fixed that damn annoying AC compressor noise.

stevel

Reaction score
I owned a 98 expedition, lost it to a tractor trailer sandwitching me up against a center barrier 3x it was the best truck i ever owned, very dependable, and took a great beating, infact it saved my familys life,i would buy another if it wasnt so old, my new truck is a 03 EB Expedition, nice ride, but i think it sits lower, never had a problem with it so far 78000 miles and rides real smooth, great in snow, and i starting to like it alot. hope this helps

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like my '03 and all, it's a great truck... but if you have the option to get the new 3V 5.4 instead of the 2V I would do that, my father has an '04 w/ the 3V and it gets up and goes much nicer than mine does.