Ticking under throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Barnett

Reaction score
Question. I have a ticking sound coming from the right passenger side when I accelerate. It speeds up when I give it more gas and then goes away at idle even when moving. You can also hear it upon cold start. It's an 08 xl. Any ideas?

StephenOsborne1

Reaction score
Other than that tick, how is it running? And shudder, shimmy, missing? If just the tick, I second the exhaust manifold or gasket. Earlier manifold studs were prone to break too.

OP
OP
J

John Barnett

Reaction score
Other than that tick, how is it running? And shudder, shimmy, missing? If just the tick, I second the exhaust manifold or gasket. Earlier manifold studs were prone to break too.
It seems to be running ok otherwise. I'm only getting like 11 mpg city driving though. I used to get around 14. Also the abs and traction control lights will come on sporadically and stay on between hours and days at a time. I'll have my mechanic check the manifold