Tire recomendation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

groove508

Reaction score
I am about to buy a 2000 EB and I know it needs new tires. I would like a good A/T tire and maybe the next size larger than stock. I dont even know what the stock size is at this point. I do go off-road a little, mostly light two-tracking to deer blind etc. A little aggressive but still quiet on the pavement. Any thoughts? I like the looks of a fat tire if this helps at all. I had an 88' Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 with some Kuhmos on it and really liked them but cant remember the model. Thanks!! PS, for what it's worth, I only drive about 5k a year and the longevity is not a huge issue! I dont need to spend a grand on new tires.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in size 285/75/16 and they are great. Just as quiet as the totally street oriented Firestones that came on my Expy and they are smooth as glass with 4 ounces of balancing beads in them. They were only $599 after a $50 rebate from tires.com

If you want a tire with a ton of great reviews that is similar you can try the Nitto TerraGrappler, my buddy has them and they are great tires also, but they would have been almost $100 extra over the Falkens in the size that I got.

Cheap, quiet, fairly aggressive tread.............................. and did I mention they were cheap? :D

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m245/flygirl5485/IMG_0980.jpg

Last edited:

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy came with 16x7 wheels and the tires I bought fit just fine. You might also have 17 inch rims but you should be able to run a 285/70/17 without any problems.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a really good tire and is cheap is the General Grabber AT2... it is a knock off BFG AT... wear is great, really quiet and handle good in mud and snow... I would get a set but biggest they make is a 315/75... which is a small 35... I need at least 37s

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what size wheels the EB have, but for my 99 XLT, the stock size tires are 255 75 16. I have the next size bigger tire - 265 75 16 and they fit fine with out any lift. I am running 10 ply BFG All Terrains, and I love them. They have great traction on ice and snow. They are very strong too. Most of the trails I drive on have lots of rocks, and they are in good shape, and drive great on the highway with not much noise. I have about 12,000 miles on mine and with regular rotation, they have kept up fine. My dad's last set of BFG ATs lasted about 70,000 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69