tire size ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2wd Limited with 22's and it has 305/40/R22 Toyo Proxes ST II was thinking about getting a little bigger tire when its time for a new set just wondering how much larger I can go without rubbing problems. Just wanting a little more sidewall to protect the wheels.

Taylor

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Probably the safest thing to do would be to get out the tape measure and have someone turn the wheel from one lock to the other and see where you're most likely to hit first.

Your tire is a 32 X 12 If it looks like you have a couple of inches clearance, you could move up to a 305/50-22 which should be 34 x 12 and get an extra inch of sidewall.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your biggest problem is going to be the sidewall rubbing againts the balljoint at full lock. Everything else you can just trim.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
biggest I have seen without a lift was 305/45/22. With a 3" lift you can go 35's.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys I think I can get away with an inch or two taller just not any wider b/c of the balljoint as stated above