Tires took a crap on me this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

takem01

Reaction score
Anybody experienced something similar?
I'm driving along on the highway and all of a sudden BANG wham wham wham. Slow down and ease over to the side of the road expecting to find a blowout. Nope. Left rear tire decided it didn't want to have any tread on it anymore. Lost about 1/4 of the tread and I'm looking at steel belts. Tire stayed inflated, though. Put on the spare and limp it home. Switch to another set of wheels/tires that I've got and find a second tire that's about to tank. 2 out of a set of 4 tires with 10000 miles on them take a dump. I guess Continental lost a customer, especially when they tell me that there's nothing they can do for me in regards to getting a set of meats that will last. Well, at least I'm still here to write this.

robby001

Reaction score
Haven't heard it happen much on passenger vehicles. Hear lots about it on Semis though.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a lifelong customer to BFG after my last mishap. I was behind a semi that blew out his front tire taking with it most of his front end and steel cab step. I ran over all the debris including the cab step and my BFG punctured thru about 7/32 of tread depth and about 6 inches long. That tire held up another 60 miles and gave me no indication it wanted to give up. BFG A/T's are here to stay and worth every penny!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never thought Continental made a good tire anyway, but now I'll definitely stay away from them. I'm sorry you had to lose them at only 10k miles, I think a good tire should last about 40k miles in normal conditions.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. With only 10K on the tires, you should get free replacements. I hate my Conti's. They are the loudest tire I have ever owned. I have one that has "thumped" since I got it. With 60K miles on the clock, they wear like steel and have a good 20K left. I can't wait until they are worn enough to replace!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with conti tires i blew both steer tires on my semi with 31k on them the dealer replaced my hood and side farings but i will never own that tire brand again... sorry to hear about this it is uncommon on a passenger car

socomboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes i too depise conti tires. worst tire descision i've ever made. sorry about that dude.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 EL LImited. Mine came with Pirelli Scorpions. 43K and I don't think I want to go throught the next winter here in northern Illinois, right now they have 6/32 left.

These have a higher speed rating which I think makes them softer,BUT they do have a great ride. Don't know what my replacements will be.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toyo tires

Bought a set of toyo open country tires for my wife's SUV. I was so impressed that I bought a set for my expy. 7000 miles on them now and I am still impressed. These tires are great in the rain. My traction under braking is improved. Body roll is noticeably less. Toyo has tires for SUV's that are mainly on the road and all the way to the very serious off roaders.

The last time I had conti tires, I replaced them immediately. Not even fit for a tire swing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire