tow wire installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerstingm

Reaction score
I need to install a 4 wire flat plug in my 98 Expedition. Can anybody tell me the easiest place to make my wire connections or send me a link of some installation pics? I have read on line that some vehicles have a tow wire harness behind one of the rear tail lights. Does the 98 Expeditions have one.If so which light is it behind?
Thanks for looking

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do you have the round 7 pin? if so get an adapter. thats what i do. works great!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the harness should run along the driver's side frame and come up by your hitch somewhere. if not, check behind your left tail light. if i remember correctly, my 98 came with a 7-pin. if yours does too, you can just buy the 4-pin to 7-pin adapter from any autoparts store to match up with your trailer. did you install the hitch yourself or did it come with the truck. if it came with the truck, it is wierd that the harness is not already connected.