Track bar bolt size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys I know I read this on here but I didn't write it down when I should have and now can't find the thread.
Does anyone have the bolt size and more importantly grade that is used in the track bar? I have to replace mine with in the next few weeks and figured I'd just pick up the bolts at ford when I got the track bar but they no longer make those bolts go figure so now I need to find them at the hardware store. Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a 16mm thread and at least a 8.8 grade bolt for suspension. Personally I would try to find something in the 10.8 grade. But thats just me. Length I dont know. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff532003

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a 16mm thread and at least a 8.8 grade bolt for suspension. Personally I would try to find something in the 10.8 grade. But thats just me. Length I dont know. Hope this helps.

Tremendously thank you. I've been searching every where looking for the size. The darn schematic's on the ford parts page just tell you bolt not what size it is. Length I can eyeball and it'll be fine. I plan on doing it this weekend and was at the point where I was going to just pull it out and then make the trip to the hardware store with the old bolt but this will save me a bit of time. Thanks again.