Trailer connected... then disconnected... then connected again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gaspass

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with their truck in wet weather? Back on the 15th of January, we had light fluffy snow that was turning into slush as soon as it touched the treated pavement and I started seeing the "Trailer Connected" message in the instrument cluster followed by "Trailer Disconnected". This was accompanied by "Trailer Left Turn Lamps Fault Check Lamps", "Trailer Right Turn Lamps Fault Check Lamps" and Blind spot & cross Traffic alert deact. Trailer Attached" messages. This happened for the entire duration of my drive into work. I could influence the occurrence of the "Trailer Disconnected" message by applying the brakes and the turn lamp faults by signalling after I received the "Trailer Connected" message. The blind spot message was not always present after it said "Trailer Connected" message. I put it up on a lift at work and poked around to see if there was anything obvious but found nothing. I also disconnected/reconnected the trailer connector to inspect for water intrusion or corrosion but found nothing. I had similar driving conditions home that evening but did not receive any warnings but read that SpoiledHappyWife experienced something similar on hers so I figured I'd be revisiting this and fast forward to this morning, it was raining a good amount and I started to receive the same messages again on my drive into work. Has anyone else experienced these issues and if you did, what was the resolution?

View attachment 23476 View attachment 23477 View attachment 23478 View attachment 23479 View attachment 23480
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I know it’s an old thread

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I know it’s an old thread
You just missed it at the e d of the thread.

muskiemook

Reaction score
I am having the same issue now too. Got out of the car wash and it started. Happened again today while driving on wet roads. Will post again if I figure out the problem.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept getting a trailer light failure problem. I switched to LED trailer brake lights and didn't have the problem again.