Triton 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katdaniels813

Reaction score
Can anyone help please? The other day my 99 expedition dropped oil pressure, overheated out of nowhere. I've changed the oil, filter, sensor switch, and now it's rattling a bit. Does anyone have a clue as to what I should try next? My family is homeless and this vehicle is our home right now. Please any advice would be great.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Timing chain and related components is where I would start.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
start with FordTechMakuloco's video series on timing symptoms and phaser issues. don't dive straight into his 4 part series on the timing job, just look at his smaller videos where he shows the noises a bad cam phaser will make, and he talks about oil pressure issues and you'll learn how the whole timing system works.

it's not going to be the greatest news, and if you're not willing to learn then you'll probably be highly disappointed - just being brutally honest. good luck on the road ahead!

LandOfLincoln

Reaction score
In your situation, I'd be cautious about putting any money into this. Might be best to find something else for cheap and look for someplace to stay.