Usually how long does the vehicle take to build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We were hoping not to appear too eager to buy so we can potentially have more room to discuss discounts. :rotflmao: So they've just been the ones emailing us updates (and me looking on the website), but we never initiated any contact about the vehicle.

I'm still using the same VIN for the tracking system.
To be clear, the VIN you're using is still linked to your "order number", correct? I would also talk to the dealer. If something catastrophic happened in transit, they should have been alerted.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Luckily it's just a glitch on the website. Took a while to find their chat support.

View attachment 80740
OMG. I can't believe they trucked it out of KTP to San Fran. That's like taking a Conestoga wagon for that distance. They must be experiencing a rail car shortage, likely due to flushing through the January/February F150 hold that had trucks parked, everywhere around the light F plants. Shipping your truck via convoy from KTP is probably a 6-10X hit on outbound shipping cost. They must be out of parking space at KTP waiting for rail cars.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG. I can't believe they trucked it out of KTP to San Fran. That's like taking a Conestoga wagon for that distance. They must be experiencing a rail car shortage, likely due to flushing through the January/February F150 hold that had trucks parked, everywhere around the light F plants. Shipping your truck via convoy from KTP is probably a 6-10X hit on outbound shipping cost. They must be out of parking space at KTP waiting for rail cars.

I read on another website that Ford began shipping 144,000 new 2024 F-150 & Ranger models on 4/11/2024 (that had been built but held due to Ford quality checks).

OP
OP
SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyways, the dealer said it will be ready sometime toward the end of the month.

As long as those extra shipping costs isn't passed down to us when purchasing the vehicle, I'm good. :rotflmao:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-12 201013.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 201013.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 4

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyways, the dealer said it will be ready sometime toward the end of the month.

As long as those extra shipping costs isn't passed down to us when purchasing the vehicle, I'm good. :rotflmao:
No worries. For those who live on the left coast and don't realize it: All Destination charges on all vehicles of a given model have to be equal, regardless of distance or actual cost, by law (since sometime in the 70's or 80's). If you look at the sticker of a given year for a given model Expedition in a Louisville, KY, dealership, within site of the Assembly Plant and compare it to yours on the left coast, the destination charge will be identical. Same for all of the lower 48. It goes back to a bunch of franchise lawsuits caused by a bunch of Detroit Dealers that were selling cars with low destination charges to people in vacation destinations like FL, TX, AZ, etc. and paying college students to drive them and deliver them while on breaks and flying back, at lower cost than the destination costs to rail/convoy the vehicles.

This is also why, when supplies get tight, the states that are the furthest from the Assembly Plants, with the highest actual shipping costs are starved for new vehicles. The car companies are incentivized to sell out production to the closest dealers.

Of course, crazy or not...I still by my new vehicles from Detroit area dealers even though I live in NC. They tend to be way more knowledgeable about the vehicles and I get Company pricing, so I pay the same regardless.