Vehicle shaking at 70 mph +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfe1

Reaction score
When I get to 75 mph or more my truck starts to shake, I have brand new wheels on and balanced as this was my first thought, but apparently not. Now I'm considering the possibility that the sway bar has got something to do with it. It does have that distinctive sound at the rear that tells me the rear bushes are worn, but can it be that the sway bar have such a direct impact, can the bad rear cause this shaking?

BT1288

Reaction score
sounds like a balance issue. Get it speed balanced, or maybe you lost a wheel weight already.

black 4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I get to 75 mph or more my truck starts to shake, I have brand new wheels on and balanced as this was my first thought, but apparently not.

+1 on the balance being off. How did you figure out balance wasn't the case? I've had a tire or two that badly balanced in my lifetime that I had to go back and have them rebalance it.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree on a balancing issue or possibly wheel alignment. Sway bays should have no affect on straight line cruising.

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your wheel hub bearings while your at it. I had a issue with my rear hubs causing a slight shake at high speed.

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Took it to dealer and they couldn't find the issue. Well i changed my rotors due to vibration when braking. Turns out my rotors where just that warped that not only did it correct the vibration when braking it also corrected shaking at 75-80 mph.

Just worth a look at to see if your rotors are true.