Ventilated seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what the manual says about the ventilated seats in our 2023 Platinum…

“When you switch the auto setting on, the climate controlled seats switch between the heated seats and ventilated seats to match your climate control setting”

That is all it says about the automatic setting. I hate when instructions say something like “switch it on” but does not tell you what switch, where it is….

I‘ve owned a lot of vehicles with ventilated seats, a few with an automatic setting. All of them were very clear in the use of it. But I’ll be damned if I can figure out how to activate them in the auto mode. I admit I’m assuming because I have a Platinum that if any Expedition has it ours should.

Anyone know how to tell if they are automatic and if so how to activate it?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my current nav does which is a 2020. It's tied I to the auto hvac settings. I remember my 18 expy ltd would turn them on when I used auto hvac as well. Maybe it's the same for the 2022s and up.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my current nav does which is a 2020. It's tied I to the auto hvac settings. I remember my 18 expy ltd would turn them on when I used auto hvac as well. Maybe it's the same for the 2022s and up.
Thanks for your response.

But here is what I don't understand. I can scroll through manual settings on the screen. How do you get it into the auto mode?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Long video but it has chapters, maybe this can help. With all the ppl with 22/23s who aren't answering, either they figured it out and it's simple, or they haven't and too embarrassed to admit it lol.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score

RacerBX1

Reaction score
The AUTO heat or cooled seats has to do with remote starting and what the climate control does when remote started. The settings for that would be in the big screen under Settings and Vehicle I believe with a drop down menu within that for Remote Start (I might be wrong where, but definitely under the Settings in the big screen).

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The AUTO heat or cooled seats has to do with remote starting and what the climate control does when remote started. The settings for that would be in the big screen under Settings and Vehicle I believe with a drop down menu within that for Remote Start (I might be wrong where, but definitely under the Settings in the big screen).
I’m aware of that and had already set that. You certainly could be right, but in all the other vehicles I’ve had with an auto settings, my cars didn’t even had remote start. And if you look at what I posted in my first post, it does not say anything about the remote start.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
In the Owners Manual look at section “Remote Start Settings - Vehicles with 15 inch Screen” (pg 146 in the version of the manual I have). That is where Auto on the seats is talked about. The section you mentioned doesn’t give much info.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not just applicable to remote start as I have had the heated/cooled seat and/or heated steering wheel turn on when I start the car normal.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2005 Lincoln LS and pushed the cool and heat buttons simultaneously to put it in automatic mode. Great feature!! It is a shame it was discontinued. Perhaps Ford is bringing it back.