Ventilated seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XeBeast

Reaction score
Here is what the manual says about the ventilated seats in our 2023 Platinum…

“When you switch the auto setting on, the climate controlled seats switch between the heated seats and ventilated seats to match your climate control setting”

That is all it says about the automatic setting. I hate when instructions say something like “switch it on” but does not tell you what switch, where it is….

I‘ve owned a lot of vehicles with ventilated seats, a few with an automatic setting. All of them were very clear in the use of it. But I’ll be damned if I can figure out how to activate them in the auto mode. I admit I’m assuming because I have a Platinum that if any Expedition has it ours should.

Anyone know how to tell if they are automatic and if so how to activate it?
I have a 23 Limited.
With Auto a/ turned on, when I start the vehicle, if the a/c fan starts on high, the seat is on high. When the vehicle is already cooled off when I start it the fan is on low and the seat is on low. However I have to manually turn the seat down when it cools off.
The heated/cooled seats is an auto on, not an auto adjust.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 23 Limited.
With Auto a/ turned on, when I start the vehicle, if the a/c fan starts on high, the seat is on high. When the vehicle is already cooled off when I start it the fan is on low and the seat is on low. However I have to manually turn the seat down when it cools off.
The heated/cooled seats is an auto on, not an auto adjust.
Thank you. That is good information. Ours was on high one morning and I was surprised because it had always been on the medium setting which is what I had it set to. That explains it.