very easy steering too easy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hortonguy

Reaction score
I have a 98 expedition and the steering is too easy it makes it hard to drive. I checked the front end and all is tight. The tires are factory size and they are goodyear wrangler ats. I want to lift it but not with the steering the way that it is. Has anybody had this problem i think the steering box meshload might be the problem but not sure which way to turn the shaft after I loosen the lock nut on top of the box. Any help would be great!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I do not know what you consider too easy, but I know the steering in my truck has always been much easier than my dad's 04. I can turn mine with a pinky with little effort.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
every first gen i've driven including my 98 i got with 63k and now at 89k steer VERY easily. i dont mind it at all.

RollinKaos

Reaction score
Mine is a lot easier than you would expect from a vehicle of its size. Not so easy it makes sharper turns but very little effort is required. Definitely not the sport car feel for sure.

OP
OP
hortonguy

hortonguy

Reaction score
thanks for the info i guess i will get use to it. no sense going after a normale condition.