Videos of Emergency Lights on my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos.

All lights are either Whelen LED's or strobes.

Front: red M7's and clear TIR3's. red/clear Talon inside windshield. clear strobes in marker lights (camera could not capture true flash pattern). Headlight flasher controls fog/clear TIR3's.

Rear: clear strobe tubes in back up and brake light housings. LIN 3's on sides of license plate, red Dominator 8 inside of rear window.

2008 Ford Expedition rear Whelen warning lights - YouTube
http://youtu.be/wHnsErUxOcc

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Need to upload to a hosting site then tag here

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Very nice expedition and lights looks good, but not something I would want to see in my rear view mirror. :doh2:

I would assume I am being pulled over. :frown:

Fire, police, other ??

OP
OP
V

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oops, forgot to add that I am authorized to use the lights when responding to fire and or ambulance calls. The permit is issued by the State of Vermont, and authorizes "red and/or white lights and/or siren."

If you look closely at the front of the vehicle, you'll see one of the two siren speakers mounted to the grill guard. The other is hidden behind the grill.

On a side note, because of the grill guard, many times when I get behind other drivers on the highway, they quickly pull over because they think I'm a state trooper.

Really ****** off the other drivers when they realize I'm just another Expedition on the road.

Last edited:

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos.

All lights are either Whelen LED's or strobes.

Front: red M7's and clear TIR3's. red/clear Talon inside windshield. clear strobes in marker lights (camera could not capture true flash pattern). Headlight flasher controls fog/clear TIR3's.

Rear: clear strobe tubes in back up and brake light housings. LIN 3's on sides of license plate, red Dominator 8 inside of rear window.

2008 Ford Expedition rear Whelen warning lights - YouTube
2008 Ford Expedition front warning lights - All Whelen - YouTube

what did it cost you to do the rear of the vehicle?

OP
OP
V

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the strobe power supply used on eBay. I bought the Dominator with controller from VLSusa.com, and the LIN 3's and bracket from strobesnmore.com.

Since I made the purchases, I found out that strobesnmore.com will match any listed price on the net. Louis has been super on all subsequent purchases.

I think I have about $500 in rear lighting. The biggest cost being the Dominator, but well worth the money.

On a side note, I will only buy/use Whelen equipment because they have INCREDIBLE customer service, and unbeatable warranties. When I have had issues with their products, the turn around time has been less than 1 week (shipping included). But I only live 150 miles from their repair facility in Connecticut.