Want to do my own break work...any good online retailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend a cheaper place than the big names such as autozone, napa, Advanced Auto etc?...I want to change all 4 rotors and all break pads.

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4 Engine

thanks for the help.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You can get decent brake rotors and pads as a set on ebay.
China made rotors are now about the same quality as their US made counterparts. So there's really no reason to spend big bucks on name brand pieces. (even most of those name brand parts are China made now)

Just remember, that these parts are what keep you from experiencing a crash and fiery death, so if you don't know what you're doing, seek some experienced help or at least look at a decent shop manual.

OP
OP
C

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remember, that these parts are what keep you from experiencing a crash and fiery death, so if you don't know what you're doing, seek some experienced help or at least look at a decent shop manual.

Thanks Tonydiv...yes you are correct..is just that seeing the cost of the parts and then comparing it to the estimate from the shop is tough....I have never done it but in this economy is worth giving it a shot..it is not our every day vehicle so i can take my time and make sure they are done correctly.....thanks again for the advice

Last edited:

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've always dealt with RockAuto, have always had what I needed for cheaper than I can source locally.

just have to watch shipping on multiple items. They have multiple shipping locations, so often the same order will ship from 2 or 3 warehouses - each with it's own full shipping charge. A guy can usually find alternate parts that will ship from the same location though...

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I and others here have used a seller on ebay called brakemotive. I have had my rotors for a year with better stopping power than the OEM rotors and pads.

OP
OP
C

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I and others here have used a seller on ebay called brakemotive. I have had my rotors for a year with better stopping power than the OEM rotors and pads.

Thanks Stoned06....I did a search by seller and it comes back that the seller ID could not be found.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our vendor section...A1 and Rock Auto...I do ebay and as long as they have 10K and better rating theyre good with me...of course read the rating reviews...pos and neg...and ONLY BUY FROM A COMPANY...not a person

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Stoned06....I did a search by seller and it comes back that the seller ID could not be found.

I think it might be brakemotive76 or something like that. Not sure of the exact number after the name.