Warranty work done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys. i just had my second round of warranty work done. i have a 2005 xlt and at 77k miles they check engine light came on and said my cat was bad. i found out that ford covered the emissions up to 8 years or 80k miles. so that was replaced for free. that job was quoted to me for $1300. then just recently at 81k miles the truck started misfiring real bad and shaking. i could smell the raw fuel in the engine compartment and it coming out of the exhuast. i got a check engine light and it said the o2 sensor was stuck rich and number 5 cylinder was misfiring. i took it to ford because ford had sent out a bulletin about the 2005 5.4 3v having a problem with the fuel injectors. they would only replace it if it did have the problem. mine did and they fixed it. the truck runs great now and i do notice a difference in getup. maybe i can get a couple more mpgs out of it now. the dealer was going to charge me a diagnostic fee each time if it wasnt the problem but luckily they were and it was done for nothing. i bought the truck for real cheap at a dealership and i always wondered why. maybe they knew there were these issues and wanted to get rid of it quick. well i had the issues taken care of and it cost me zilch so i think i got the winning hand. just wanted to share my story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990