Water Coming from Behind the Door Panel and onto the Sill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing after a good rain and only on the driver side. Let us know what you find out with the dealer

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andy, I have noticed the same thing...thought I was crazy! Only 1 drop and never enough to make it under the sill. Thought it was dripping when I opened the door. Keep us informed what they find.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, I have noticed the same thing...thought I was crazy! Only 1 drop and never enough to make it under the sill. Thought it was dripping when I opened the door. Keep us informed what they find.
Will do. I am going to get it figured out.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same problem, thought they didn't put the plastic sheet between inner door and the door panel. I also noticed if I follow the door B piller up the black coating to were it meets the paint a plastic insert is missing that the pass. has.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm taking it in on Thursday, I'll let them look at it and figure it out.

I won't accept water in the cab either there are too many wires that run under that sill and that is the best place for water to lay. I suspect that when they applied the Ziebart rust proofing package, they may have blocked the forward drain hole, but I am not sure because I do see some water draining from the bottom of the front of the door.

What did the dealer determine yesterday?

(I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4).

Thanks.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did the dealer determine yesterday?

(I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4).

Thanks.
They put their shower head on it all day and could find nothing. I don't think they can put enough water on it because in my case, it really only happens when we get a very heavy rain. The trip was inconclusive but at least I have a record of the complaint so it anything comes of it I can go back to them about it. I'll keep an eye on it and I will drive it over while it's still wet so they can see it.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are both of your weatherstrips aligned properly? Got a pic?

Also, maybe experiment with a gardenhose or something? Or see if it shows up if you only open the door on the other side?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was just as bobmx said and it dripped when you opened the door from the top? Hopefully it's not a big deal. I'm confused since you said you could see water draining from the door drain so all I could think is that it was a fluke. If that's draining there shouldn't be water coming out and over, plus I'd think it would be more than few drops and more like a soak.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was just as bobmx said and it dripped when you opened the door from the top? Hopefully it's not a big deal. I'm confused since you said you could see water draining from the door drain so all I could think is that it was a fluke. If that's draining there shouldn't be water coming out and over, plus I'd think it would be more than few drops and more like a soak.
It is definitely inside the gasketed area of the door and it is definitely coming from between the inside door panel and the metal door. If you put you fingers to the seem at the door panel it is wet when there is water on the sill. It drips on the sill which inside the cab passed the gaskets. It is not dripping from above trust me. There are about three other guys on here that have the same issue.