Water in third brake light lens.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2002 xlt 5.4 2wd and have been trying to keep rain water out of my third brake light leans. I have removed it three times to dry it out and reinstall it. Gasket seems fine. No cracks in lens. No body dents in the area. Anyone else run into this?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have with aftermarket taillights.... my cure was clear silicon, remove and fully clean lenses then run a bead of silicon around lense and let dry..... cheaper than replacing lenses.... mine took 2 attempts on one lense to fully seal it but now water tight...... just an idea for you

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have with aftermarket taillights.... my cure was clear silicon, remove and fully clean lenses then run a bead of silicon around lense and let dry..... cheaper than replacing lenses.... mine took 2 attempts on one lense to fully seal it but now water tight...... just an idea for you

yes this the only solution that i know of

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you can't fix it, I have an extra one with the wiring harness, gasket and screws. $10 +shipping.