Water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJuicy02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a few months since I've been on the site. Between moving and having a new baby I've been pretty busy. I'm now in Hinesville, GA and even picked up another expy. 2008 XLT. Love it.

The issue I'm having is with my 99 EB. Noticed water leaking down the A pillar on the passenger side. A little investigation showed rust behind the windshield seal where water is coming in. Anybody else run into this?

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also noticed water leaking down onto my passenger floor mat last week after some heavy rain. When along the A pillar does the water look like its coming from?

GaExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1 - Bad windshield seal
2 - drain tubes from the sunroof run down thru both A pillars. (could be stopped up or broken) You can check them by opening the sunroof, and pour a small amount of water into each drain hole in both front corners of the sunroof. You should see the water run out of the bottom of the truck just behind the front wheels if the tubes are clear.
3 - Check roof rack bolts. Have heard a few folks say they've had water get in around them also. New thread sealer on the bolts should be a quick fix for this.
4- Be sure to get the driver's side leak fixed asap. If water leaks down the A pillar, and onto the GEM module and/or the fuse box under the dash it could cause all sorts of problems/issues with the electrical systems in the truck. Lots of info on the internet about it if you search it.

My 2000 leaked at both handles on the A pillars right after I bought it. I had the windshield re-sealed and that fixed it. MOST of the time that fixes the issue of water running out the A pillars. A few months later I mysteriously had water come out both handles on the driver's side A and B pillars. That leak turned out to be a couple of tiny holes in the main drain track, on the roof, way in the back. That explained why it was so intermittent, and only leaked during long right hand turns during heavy rain. Boy was that fun to figure out!

Last edited: