Water sloshing in passenger rear door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11henrs

Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘17 expy and just recently I noticed when I open the rear passenger door there is water sloshing inside. There was a post going about this but I can’t seam to find it. What was the common issue with these 15-17s that had water leaking under the carpet and stuff? I do have a sunroof but haven’t noticed any leaking or water there. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collier

Reaction score
I have a 2016 and notice i always had water dripping on running board and located 2 weep holes on bottom of door and that resolved issue.

OP
OP
11henrs

11henrs

Reaction score
Cool. Haven’t noticed rust yet. Will take a better look this evening. Thanks

Plati

Reaction score
I've had that. Crud gets in at the window and plugs those weep holes up. They are under the rubber trim. I pulled the plastic pieces out and stuck a wire hanger in there to convince the backed up crud to leave home. Clean windows during tree crud season now.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had that. Crud gets in at the window and plugs those weep holes up. They are under the rubber trim. I pulled the plastic pieces out and stuck a wire hanger in there to convince the backed up crud to leave home. Clean windows during tree crud season now.

The non-clasp end of a plastic zip-tie works well, as it is flexible and does not damage the paint like a wire hanger might.

On my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, I have removed the rectangle black plastic plugs, cleaned out the openings, then replaced the plugs - assuming there is a reason for them to be there.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had it on my 2014. If was from the sunroof. (believe it or not) Also, check to make sure the drains on the door are clear

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Stop parking under trees and drains won't get clogged.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Common problem. Pull the out the plastic drain plugs on the door bottoms and leave them out.